How To Determine If A Pest Control Product Is Home-Safe


Pest control products are made of chemicals that are doctored to kill harmful pests that may be a cause of concern for yourself, your pets or vegetation. Insecticides help manage insects (flies, cockroaches, etc.) and control infestations; herbicides reduce unwanted weeds and fungicides help control fungi and moulds. For larger rodents such as mice, rats, etc. rodenticides are used.

Many people are worried about the effects of pest control products at home. This article will highlight why these products are safe so you won’t have to worry.

The 2 Varieties of Pest Control Products

Pest control products come in two varieties; those you buy from general stores and those that are applied by professional pest control services. Household pesticides are made for use by the general public and can be used indoors or outdoors. They are generally milder pesticides; however, this does not mean that they cannot harm if misused. Care must be taken that they are not used carelessly.

Which One Do You Need?

To assess whether a certain pest control product is safe for your home, you should start by hiring a professional pest control company in Singapore to ascertain where the product shall be used or applied. The location of application is important as it affects the exposure of the pesticide to family members, pets and vegetation. For example, if a pesticide application is outdoors or in a less used room, the exposure is less; however, if the application is in the kitchen, exposure of the pesticide is increased significantly.

Preventing Contact from Exposure

Exposure is measured as the opportunity of someone touching, swallowing or inhaling the pesticide. While swallowing can be prevented simply by storing pesticide products at a safe place, inhaling and touching are not very easy to prevent. In case you have small children or pets in your house, it may be advisable to leave the house or lock the room during (and for some time after) an application

Where the application is indoors, the place should be ventilated using windows or fans to dry out the pesticide and remove any particles from the air. Furthermore, any toys, cutlery, food trays or daily use items should be removed from the area where treatment would be done to help avoid people or pets being exposed to pesticides through these items.

Toxicity Level

Apart from exposure, another factor that comes into play while assessing a pest control product’s safety is its toxicity level. Most products would mention this on their packing, and you should always consult this to ensure that you know the toxicity level of the product you are handling. Some products may be too toxic to be applied directly and may require special tools to apply.

You may consult your local pesticide authority or a professional pest control company for advice on what products to use for a certain pest control problem that you are having without risking other toxicity.

All off the shelve chemicals generally carry mild toxic and in certain extent not effective. Only Pest controllers with valid license are allowed to handle more toxic chemicals. To add on, extremely toxic chemicals will not be allowed here and approved by the authority.

Conclusion

In conclusion, while pest control products are meant to harm and kill the natural pests that grow around your home, the products can be dangerous when misused; however, with the relevant precautions taken and appropriate use of the right product, pest control products used by pest control companies is perfectly safe for your home.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *